Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Bear Hugs




The Kid in our house loves teddy bears. I do not think I've ever met a boy who loves bears the way he does. At last count, he had 19. They all have names and personalities. There is Heavy, the very large bear and Little Brother(pictured here), Heavy's brother. There's Chocolate and Licorice. Then there are the triplets - Madro from Fadro 1, 2, and 3. His first bear was named Sleepy. Sleepy Bear got lost on The Kid's first trip to Atlanta. Ever since, he hesitates before taking anything he likes with him to Atlanta. We are still praying for Sleepy's return.

The Kid is so very proud of his bear collection. He lines them up on the couch regularly and counts them. He has serious talks with them. They are his friends. They have been to the mall (only a few at a time), gone on vacations, eaten all kinds of food, and played in the park. They have heard the deepest thoughts and hurts of The Kid and they have always managed to help him feel better.

I am glad for his furry friends. I especially look forward to the day I unpack the box of bears that I will save for his own child! Yep, that's what it is all about - parenting for the day it all "comes around."

Meanwhile, I will enjoy every day of being the "grandma" of 19 fuzzy friends and the fun they bring to our home!

6 comments:

The Mom said...

so if you are grandma to the teddy bears....does that mean i am aunt to the teddy bears too? wow!

Junebug said...

Yep, Aunt Manders. Works for me.

Seriously, Madro from Fadro 1, 2 and 3 are my favorites!!

Also, Codependant and I are going to Build-a-Bear very soon with NO KIDS to build our own bears. You wanna come with??

Kearsmom said...

The Kid and The Bears are too sweet! Can the bears wear the bracelet that makes you invisible too? I think Madro from Fadro 1,2, and 3 are pretty cool too.

Junebug...are you REALLY going to make a bear??

BB said...

When Austin stepped up to stuff Madro 1, he told the guy the name and you could have knocked me over with a feather...I tried to talk him out of it, but he was determined. Then we did the birth certificate, I had to figure out how to spell the name. As we checked out, the dude said, "Wow, no one has ever told where their bear was from!" I'm not sure if that was a complement or not....

southernutahgirl said...

lets get on the bear thingy soon! I need something to hug on a hourly basis! I love he loves something soft fuzzy! So cool!

Junebug said...

Yeah, Kearsmom. Really going. Seriously.