Tuesday, April 3, 2007

April Showers

It's the second day of a new month and I feel the need to post something to get this month started.

I've been thinking that since it rained on April 1, that is a good sign of the beautiful things to come. The rain will freshen and clean everything. It will also feed and nourish things. And it washes away the yukky stuff. Yep, rain gets a bad rap, I do believe. But, just think about it...without rain there is no food and there are no flowers. And the yukky stuff just sticks around, even piling up. Rain takes care of it all - the necessary and the frills! Isn't that like God - to think of it all!

So I'm thinking that a little rain in my life could do all the same stuff - freshen me by renewing my comittment to God; wash away some of the yukky stuff that seems to pile up, and it feeds my soul as I am reminded that by the power of the Spirit, I am not only made clean and fresh, I am made holy and accecptable. All that with a little rain!

Bring it on---I'm ready for the showers!

4 comments:

B's Blog said...

LET HIM REIGN!!!!

I am ready for it to pour as well!

Junebug said...

Rain almost made me fall down on Sunday morning. I'm just sayin.

However, I get what you're saying. I'm looking for a shower of His blessings to pour right down on Austin. That's the kinda rain I want!

southernutahgirl said...

Rain is so cleansing inside and out. God is so amazing!!!!!!!!!!

Kearsmom said...

Thanks for reminding me that rain is good. I'm laughin at Junebug...I didn't see her almost fall down. And I agree...prayin for some rain on Austin!