Saturday, June 9, 2007

"And a little child will lead them..."

This past week was VBS at our church. The Kid had a grand time. He really got into the missions offering competition and he loved the music. He was inspired also to ask almost everyone he saw outside of church, "Do you love Jesus?" On one day this week, we were in and out of the car several times running errands. We could not leave each place until he had asked the person attending us if they loved Jesus. Everyone of them said they did and most even muttered something about his cuteness.

I thought, after the first one, that he was very cute, too. I was so proud, as well. But after the second one, when I had to turn around and go back to the counter so he could ask, I realized how perfectly serious he was. He meant business. After the third or fourth one, I asked him, "What will you do if someone says 'No'?" His response: "I will just have to tell them about Jesus so they can love Him, too."

As I was sharing during VBS about our missions offering and talking about KD's sacrificial love and service for Jesus and how she is always looking for, even creating opportunities to tell others about Jesus, I realized that I have a bold missionary living in my own home. I also realized that I have the power to squash or encourage his desire to see others know Jesus. Most of all, I am reminded that I need to join him, not just watch him, as he tells others about Jesus.

Lord, please help me to have open eyes and heart for people who need You. "And a little child will lead them..."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm amazed when I hear what comes out of their mouths sometimes. Last weekend after pop's retirement party, I said "what a hard place to minister". When my kid asked why...I just tried to explain the city, etc. He very boldly said "I'd do it....wouldn't you?" Oh, my heart hurt when he said it because I don't know that I would be so eager. Lead on, little one, and let God teach me through you.

Anonymous said...

He never cease to amaze me. God has such GREAT BIG PLANS for him. He could teach us all some lessons. Way to go little one!

BB said...

and the story continues....

On sunday, he got the attention of a staff member and told him, "I have a problem. Every time I try to ask someone if they love Jesus, they already do. I don't have anyone to tell."

Still thinking about it today, The Kid said, "Aha, I know the problem. I just ask them if they love Jesus. Everybody can say yes to that. I need to ask them if they believe Jesus died on the cross for them!" Then he proceeded with his plan for telling them about Jesus if they say no to that!

I agree with you, Jitterbug, for my own eagerness to be and go for Jesus is so paled next to The Kid's.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!