Monday, February 12, 2007

"I Can't Want To..."


These words are used several times a day by my precious grandson Johnathan – anytime he doesn’t want to do what is being asked of him.

I have found myself thinking these same words - more than once since he was last here. The truth is if we are going to be honest, we all probably do many things each day while, in our heart of hearts, we are saying, “I can’t want to do this!”
For example……
The toilet needs swished……I can’t want to!
The 5 baskets of clean laundry need folded and put away……I can’t want to!
The kitchen floor needs mopped – again……I can’t want to!
The dog needs a bath….I really can’t want to!
The rabbit cage needs cleaned out (still!)……I can’t want to!
You get the idea…Try it out! It sounds a whole lot better than saying “No!” “Not now!” “You can’t make me!”
P.S. The caption for the photo: "I can't want to be clean!" (Johnathan and Austin LOVE the garden and its piles of great dirt!)

8 comments:

Junebug said...

I can't want to get up early.
I can't want to clean this house.
I can't want to walk past that strawberry cake at Primos.
I can't want to go to bed early.
I can't want to turn this computer off.
And I can't want to do something productive!!

Junebug said...

And btw...great job! You even got the pic on there. Good for you!!!

The Mom said...

i seriously hear those words more than i want to. but, atleast he is sweet when he says them and one day i will miss it.

that is also one of my favorite pictures of austin and johnathan. they love each other so much.

The Mom said...

oh, and junebug i am with you on everything you listed. as you can tell i am really with you on the going to bed early and shutting the computer off.

The Mom said...

this morning i when the alarm went off, i said, "i can't want to get up." but, i did. such is life.

Anonymous said...

out of the mouth of babes comes profound wisdom. So much of our lives are I cant want to but God reminds me that our cant want to's are His can want to with my power!!! making Him God and me well me. keep writing i love to read it all!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'm with Junebug on all those things too!
bb I am so proud of your blog! You are way ahead of me! Great writing! Sweet thoughts!
Love you!

Carie said...

I like your blog. Austin and Jonathan are simply adorable! I can't want to diet or exercise...