Monday, February 12, 2007

I Am Loved!

Today we were having a casual frontseat/backseat conversation when Austin, comparing me to some other woman, said to me, “Momma, you are the most beautiful woman in the world. No wait, (long pause) yeah, you are the most beautiful woman in the world!”

(By the way, I remember feeling the same way about my own mom – in fact, I think I still do!)

As we were leaving church later on, we were busy chatting about random things when, in response to something I said, he said, “Momma, you don’t have much brains. But don’t worry, you’re still beautiful.”

Then, in the car again – another one of those great frontseat/backseat conversations – in response to my compliments about his behavior in church, he said, “Momma, if there wasn’t something about safety, I’d jump out of my seatbelt and give you the biggest hug!” (I’m thinking - seatbelts are overrated sometimes.)

This was followed by another precious exchange:
A: Is one hundred thousand a number?
Me: Yep, it’s a big number. I’d like to have one hundred thousand pennies,
A: Well, I can’t help you out there. I don’t have that much money in my room. How about one hundred thousand kisses?

Wow, who needs fame and fortune? Not me! I’ve got a five year old boy!

5 comments:

The Mom said...

finally, a blog!! yay for mom!! i love the conversations. austin is so precious. and yes, you are very loved!

Anonymous said...

you win the prize for the first official comment! i'm not sure what it is, but it'll be good. i know, maybe i'll write about you!!!! mom

Junebug said...

I am so bummed that Amanda got the first comment award! After all, I am the one who created the stinking thing! But, I guess, if someone had to beat me, it should be your own daughter. :-)

Now, you are on your own. Blog away!!!

The Mom said...

you are not allowed to write about me, unless i approve it first. just kidding. seriously though, if you do, be nice!! remember, i can always write about you. :-) i love you!

junebug, i will let you have the first comment on the next one, maybe. :-)

Anonymous said...

that is so incredible we should treasure every monent and it seems like you are. great blog entry . hug that boy for me