Monday, March 26, 2007

Trouble

Today has been a bad day for the kid in our house. He said he got in trouble for being a tattle tale at school, then he got in trouble for running exactly where I told him not to, soon followed by more big trouble for the kid when he did not obey "right away, all the way, and with a happy heart." He spent time sitting on his bed alone and in time out. He even got two spankings.

At the end of the day, I said, "You've had a bad day, haven't you?" His reply: "What do you mean? I didn't have a bad day!"

Either my discipline of him was very forgetful and will have no impact on the immediate future and the choices he will make OR he feels so secure and loved and, knowing that he deserved it all, has determined that he will be a better person for it!


Here's what I think.....I need to
1. spank harder
2. explain better
3. and always help him to remember that he is accepted and has a place where he can be the king of mess-ups and still be loved.

What do you think???

9 comments:

Junebug said...

I think you need to quit spanking. Let him have more candy. That's what he needs...more candy!

The Mom said...

it was a good day for him! not because he forgot about the punishments, but because he was with you guys. he has learned, at a very early age, to love every day he has with you. he knows that there may come a day where he may have to live somewhere he doesn't want to. just keep doing what you are doing...he is a sweet boy!

BB said...

junebug....you are a total nut!! but hey, if that discipline plan works for you, maybe it'll work for me, too. i want my kid to be as good as yours are!!! so what kind of candy seems to work best?????

Anonymous said...

I think you did exactly as you should have. Do not be discouraged. I think he is learning but does not know how to express it. You a fabulous mom and if it does not work I also believe in more candy, less sleep, and a ton of tv will work:)

Junebug said...

I kinda feel bad now after reading Manders comment. (not really)

We're you trying to make a better impression than me?

And no, that discipline plan does NOT work for me, thank you very much. My children have the run of the place...and that's not really very good, huh?

:-)ahahahah

Junebug said...

Again, feeling like a smarty pants. You were being serious, I was being silly.

Sorry. It's just one of those days, I guess.

The Mom said...

no, junebug...i was not trying to make a better impression. i just figured since you got the funny comment i would take the serious one.

Junebug said...

Touche.

Tommy, Suzanne, and Mary Peyton said...

wow. i needed to read this. i hope that mary peyton is as well behaved one day as your sweet boy is.