Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Today in History....

Four years ago, about this time, we dropped The Kid off and began the trip to Texas that changed our lives forever. As soon as we got there, we flew straight to the hospital, screeched into a parking spot, found the quickest route to the delivery wing of that hospital, then ran to the room where our baby was about to deliver her first baby. In retrospect, I am not sure why we rushed....that baby took his own sweet little time to make his entrance. I'll never forget that wait! Every once in awhile I would sneak to the door of the room and listen in to hear what was happening, then I'd resume my post in the waiting room. (I've always wondered...if they knew that was going to be a place where people were going to be waiting, why not put more comfortable furniture there?) Anyway, I commenced to praying and journaling my thoughts. There were intermittent tears and spots of mild anxiety, mixed with some yawns....did I say we waited a looooong time?! My husband just slept, with the understanding that if something happened, we'd let him know.

Words can't ever express how grateful to God I was when I heard that he had finally decided to move out of his hibernation and into our world...and that he was safe and sound along with his mom. We now had two babies - a grown one with her own little one! Immeasurable JOY!

So today I say HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Wild Man! My life and heart will never be the same!

5 comments:

The Mom said...

you are not allowed to write things that make me cry! didn't you know that was the first rule about blogging! seriously, that was really sweet. i remember when you got the hospital. we thought he would come any minute...then a few hours later he was here! i think, seeing his personality now, he wanted to be sure everything and everyone was in the right place before he came. :-) i can not belive that was 4 years ago! where did these years go???

The Mom said...

oh and also....you really left for texas on the 28th..late in the afternoon....you got the hospital at 2 am and wild man made his enterance at 5 am! so, techinically at the time you posted...wild man was almost 12 hours old. but its just a minor detail...i know that i will be only one who remembers that :-)

Junebug said...

Very sweet story!! I'll have to admit my eyes got a little watery as well.

Also, does this mean you are back in the blogging world? Or are you just here for the well-timed posting?

southernutahgirl said...

what a precious memory and great story! Happy B-day wild Man

Kearsmom said...

Awwwww....I remember you making that drive, and the long wait! I thought no one would ever call me! It's hard to believe it's been 4 years!